…..to drink more water! Nothing like spending 10 hours in 90 degree weather to reinforce something that I desperately need to do better at.
A few of my rules to water consumption:
- Drink half your body weight in ounces daily
- Make sure 20% of that is done first thing in the morning since that is when you are most dehydrated
- When playing golf, increase your daily amount
- I try to get in the routine of taking a swig of water after every tee shot
- Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean you need to drink less water. If anything, you need to drink more
- If you have a tournament in the horizon, I like increasing water intake at least 48 hours in advance
- A pinch of celtic sea salt is a great way to add some electrolytes into the mix
The lady Redhawks tee off for the third round of the Grand Canyon University Invitational tomorrow at 8am. They are sitting in 2nd after two great rounds today!!