The bridge is a pretty standard progression in the world of building a butt. I find that it causes a lot of problems though, most people do not feel their glutes when they perform it! Here is a different version that is guaranteed to make your booty burn!
The Frog Leg Bridge
A few keys:
- Start in a standard bridge position, the only difference is you’re going to externally rotate your hips and allow the bottom of your feet to touch
- Before you start, push your feet together. This is the first step to glue engagement, if you are unable to engage them doing this, do not pass go!
- Once you feel the glutes engage, lift your hips off the ground as high as you are able
- I like using controlled motions with this and also adding in some holds at the top
- Start with 2 sets of 15 and go from there!
Happy Glutes, Happy Friday!