I’m 5 days into tournament play and feeling great! So just wanted to drop in with a note tonight on what I’ve been doing for a warm up this week that has me moving and feeling awesome.
- 16 oz of water first thing in the morning
- A solid breakfast: Today mine consisted of a protein waffle with peanut butter and bananas on it and some greek yogurt on the side. The key here is timing, I like having a full meal about 90min to 2 hours before I play. If I eat too close, I’ve noticed that my body feels sluggish or I get an upset stomach because of my nerves!
- Continue to drink some water as you get ready to play
- I start on the putting green with one ball going through my normal putting routine. I cycle through putts of all lengths, uphill, downhill, sidehill working on getting the speed of the green. I never hit the same putt twice though because I believe it’s important to get into the competitive groove and there are no mulligans on the course
- Next up is 10-15 minutes of movement. Honestly, I change this up overtime depending on how my body feels. The goal is to get a sweat going, target multiple planes of motion, engage my core, and feel powerful!
- This is where people around me get confused, next up is the range. However, just as I did on the putting green, I cycle through about 15 shots just like I would on the course. And that’s it for hitting balls!
- Drink some more water
- I end with a few more putts before heading to the first tee
This is definitely not a magical recipe, and as I continue to understand my optimum competitive mind frame better, this routine will surely change. But for now, I’m focusing on listening to my body and instilling confidence as I head to the first tee.
Let’s continue it tomorrow!