Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a wonderful long holiday weekend with friends and family. Today marked another day at home for me and I have to say it felt kind of weird. But it left me once again looking for some exercises that I can do without equipment.
My stairs always provide a fun challenge, and I often find myself crawling up them, doing pushups on my way up, or even jump squats.
This turned out to be a great exercise aimed at core and shoulder stability!
- Start in a solid pushup position with neutral spine, hands just outside your shoulder and the head working as an extension of your spine.
- Complete a pushup first, retracting the shoulder blades as you lower down and protracting them as your push out.
- Then begin to walk your hands up to the next stair and continuing on depending on how far you can safely reach.
- The goal is to maintain your neutral spine and minimize shifting your weight from side to side.
- Make sure to alternate which arm you use to walk up the stairs.