Here’s one of my favorite finishing exercises to do before I play or practice.
Reverse Lunge to Rotation!
Keys to Remember:
- Focus on your foot and feeling the ground beneath you
- When dropping back into the lunge position, tuck your pelvis under. This will help engage the glutes and core, as well as provide an active stretch on the hip flexor.
- Breathe out and drive up hard to the balance position
- Once balanced, focus on feeling the glute on your standing leg activated.
- Add the rotational component once you feel proficient in the lunge.
- Focus on stabilizing the lower body while rotating from your t-spine. If you lose your balance, chances are you may have over-rotated!
- You can always start by only rotating at the bottom of the lunge, and then adding the top rotation once you feel more stable
- Don’t be afraid to bust this out on the first tee or the driving range, your opponents will only be intimidated by your power!