I always incorporate exercises into my warm up that wake up my nervous system and get the muscles around my spine firing on all cylinders. These seem to be the ones I always return to!
- Supine Pelvic Tilts: Lay on your back with knees bent, letting the neck and shoulder relax. Focus on just moving your pelvis like a rocking chair staying in a range of motion that feels pain free and comfortable.
- Dead Bug Alternating Legs: Find your neutral spine first with the feet down and then lift the legs up to a 90 degree angle. From here you should feel the abs engaged. Begin by lowering one leg towards the ground only as far as you can keep the abs engaged and hold the neutral spine.
- Dead Bugs Alternating: Same as above, but now you are adding in the arms. The key here is keeping one side quiet while the other is in motion. Remember to only go as far as you can stay stable!
- Elevated Bird Dogs: You’ve seen this one on here quite a few times! Find your neutral position from all fours and then draw the knees up towards your chest slightly. You know you’re doing it right if you feel your abs!
- Alternating Bird Dogs: Just like in the dead big version, the goal is to alternate each side while maintaining neutral spine!
See you all tomorrow!