Efficiency is everything when it comes to warming up, so any exercise that increases your heart rate, works stability and mobility, engages the ground and adds a little empowerment is a win!
Today I bring you a squat and kicking combo we use for TKD, but I like sneaking it into my golf warm ups as well. Simple, to the point and no equipment needed!
Squat and Kick
A few keys:
- Posture is everything here, I like keeping my eyes focused forward to prevent too much bending forward
- Let the arms reach in front of you to counter balance
- Stay in a range of motion comfortable for your body
- Once you hit the bottom range, drove through the feet to power back up using the glutes
- As you reach the top range allow the momentum to help power your knee upward into what we call a chamber position
- From there you can extend the leg out as if your snapping it
- Return the heel right back in and place your foot on the ground
- Limit pausing between each side, you want to feel like the exercise flows together
- Start with 20 reps
There you have it demoed by Master Sese himself! (I pulled a hammy today so he was nice enough to be in the video)
Have a great night!