Remember that song and dance from Kindergarten, “head and shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes!”. Well, today’s plank variation is using a little inspiration from that song to sequence through a focus on shoulder stability as well as hip mobility.
- Start with a solid plank position, neutral spine and wrists under shoulders. I like having the feeling of my chest extending slightly forward and my glutes engaged as well
- The goal of the first 4 moves is to keep your lower body stable
- Start by tapping your head with each hand, and then each shoulder
- Next bring each knee across to the opposite elbow
- And finally tap your foot to the outside of your body
- Repeat this sequence 10 times and then rest
- Keep your focus on stability keeping the lower body in place when you move the upper, and the upper in place when you move the lower
- Hopefully you don’t end up with that song in your head afterwards!!
Let me know how this one goes, it’s tough!