After two days of feeling like crap, the kettlebells were the perfect tool to get me back moving today while still allowing me to, in the words of one of my favorite clients Cheryl, go medium!
I probably could have rested another day, but here is something important for those of you who fall into the lack of stability fitness category like me must keep in mind. Our bodies thrive on activation and perform best when there is a little bit of soreness, or even just a tad of resistance available. This afternoon I knew I was going to play some golf and after two days of nothing, and that can be a recipe for disaster. I knew I needed a short workout to get my body functioning again, but also didn’t want to go overboard. The kettlebells always provide the answers!
Give this circuit a try repeating it 4-6 times:
- 15 Kettlebell Swings (hello ground force and glutes)
- 5 One Leg, One arm Rows (some anti rotation work)
- 15 KB Cleans (another great way to work on force generation and posture)
- 5 Bottoms up shoulder presses (my go to exercise for scapular stabilization and control)
- 15 Goblet Squats (because every golfer needs a butt)
- 5 Pull Unders (shoulder and core stability combined with some rotation, yes!)
I love this sequence of exercises, it hits everything I need as a golfer and frankly just feels awesome.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!