Instead of fixing an exercise today, let’s fix one of the most common problems everyone complains of……there is not enough time in the day to workout!
There’s a million reasons why this happens, many of which are legitimate……although when I was binge watching Gilmore Girls last week and skipped my workout that probably wasn’t a good excuse. I want everyone to get past the feelings of guilt and shame for not working out though, and forget the word excuse. The bottom line is that life happens and it is really hard to find time for yourself. But, if we don’t take care of ourselves, how on earth can we help others?
So instead of telling you the endless reasons why exercise and movement needs to be a priority, I’m just going to show you a way to fix it!
Combining multiple movements is a great way to work your entire body and get the heart rate up. So all I want you to do is set a timer for 10 minutes (we can all find 10 minutes!) and continuously do the following 3 exercises. They will hit upper body, lower body, balance, shoulder stability, core strength and you will sweat!
- Kneeling to Standing Curl and Press 10 reps each side
- Plank One Arm Row 10 reps each side
- Dead Bug Skull Crusher 20 reps total
A few keys to remember:
- Form, form, did I say form? Always choose form before speed and basically anything else
- When doing the Plank One Arm Row, imagine that you have a glass of water on your back, don’t spill it!
- The dead bugs will be on the docket for next week’s Monday Rehab, so until then just remember to only extend your leg as far as you can keep the lower back stable