I played golf at the crack of dawn this morning. It was so early, even the dew wasn’t ready to be swept. The tournament I am playing in is the West Seattle Amateur, and it is by far one of my favorite events of the year. I’m using it this time around as a warm up for the PNGA Mid Am that starts on Monday.
On weeks like this where I am going to be playing a lot of golf, it is so important to keep my body running at it’s best. For me that means working on some stability every day. This evening I did a variation on the Bird Dog that definitely got the job done in terms of targeting my shoulders, core and body control.
Keys to this awesome exercise:
- Start in a solid Bird Dog position, knees under hips, wrists under shoulders and spine in neutral
- Begin by taking small steps forward with your hands
- You want to feel as though your hips are falling with you
- As you lower your body, focus on maintaining neutral spine and control throughout the motion
- Lower as far as your body will let you without losing posture and then return to the starting position
- Start with 2 sets of 10 reps
On another note, how cute are my shorts? I just picked them up at Athleta this week and I am loving them! If you haven’t made your way to their website or store, this is a great week to do so, they are having an awesome sale!
See you all tomorrow……..S