Need to wake the core up in the morning to make sure you are all set for the day? Do this simple but effective drill!
A few keys:
- Set up first with the knees bent and the low back in a neutral position
- Bring the knee up to a 90 degree angle make sure that it doesn’t ever get closer to you!
- Place the opposite hand on that knee and push the knee away from you
- The goal is to use your abs to resist the knee moving, thus resulting in an activated core
- Breath out as you push
- Hold for 5 seconds and switch to the other side!
- Start with 10 reps on each side
- Be awesome!
Activating the core stabilizers is essential to warding off back pain throughout the day especially if you sleep in the fetal position at night after along day of sitting.