I love the mini bands, they are my go to torture device when it comes to singling out the glutes and feeling the burn. But lately, I have become an even bigger fan of using them a completely different way.
Here is one of my favorite exercises for addressing ankle and hip stability, glute activation, thoracic rotation, disassociation, balance, and you’ll feel an awesome shoulder burn! On a separate note, when will Apple change their auto correct so that when I type in glute, it doesn’t change to flute?
Balance, Rotate and Activate
A few keys to success:
- Place the mini band around your forearms creating some tension and ensuring the arms stay parallel to each other
- Feel your shoulder blades pulling towards your back pockets
- Get into golf posture on one foot lifting the free leg up towards the ceiling to better engage the glutes
- Once you feel the glutes engage, begin rotating from the torso
- The goal is to keep the arms and torso connected throughout the motion. Rotate within the limits of your body
- Start with 10 rotations on each leg
This is a great add in to your warm up or movement preparation portion of a workout. It will engage your body in all the right places!