A few weeks ago I posted a great glute activation exercise to use as a warm up called the Lateral Wall Push, and today’s is a follow up on that. So bust out your Salt N Pepa and let’s push it real good!
The Backward Wall Push
A Few Keys:
- I personally have to stretch my hip flexors ahead of time in order to get the most out of this. Mine are tight as a drum after the past 3 days of travel!
- Set up in your golf posture with one foot placed against the wall
- Make sure your entire foot is in contact with it
- Check in on your posture, if your back is too arched, this will be a challenging one for you
- There needs to be a straight line from your knee to the hip and shoulder
- Push your heel into the wall as hard as you can until you feel that lovely glute burn!
- Hold for 20sec on each side or until you say oooh baby baby!