Today marked the end of #200kicksaday in the month of May! And since it is Warm Up Wednesday, I figured I would share with you one of my express routines I use when I need to get everything running on all cylinders in a hurry, particularly for kicking.
Some of the moves are out of left field for golf, but in TKD, your body takes some heavy stress so it’s important to warm up with the hips in some of the extreme kicking positions. My hips always feel awesome after these moves!
Just follow along with the video and you’re off an running!
- 5 Hip Circles each direction
- 5 Elbow Circles each direction
- 5 Shoulder Circles each direction
- 5 Ankle Circles each direction, each foot
- 5 Knee Circles each direction
- 5 Hip Hinges
- 5 Cossack Squats each side
- Sumo Squat Hip Opener 20 seconds
- 1/2 Kneeling Reach, 5 reps each side
- 5 Straddle Stretch Walkouts
- 5 Kneeling Straddle Sit Backs
- One Leg Low Straddle Stretch, 30 seconds each side
Leave a Reply