I get this questions a lot: “If you could choose one exercise to engage your core before a round of golf, what would it be?”
The single greatest exercise of the century guaranteed to get the body firing on all cylinders and ready to hit the golf ball a mile!
Some keys to success:
- The version of this exercise I am doing in the video is the advanced. There are a few modifications you can make if you’re unable to maintain stability with this one.
- Begin on your back with your feet pointed up towards the ceiling, toes pulled towards your shins.
- Let one leg slowly drop towards the ground.
- As that leg is dropping, actively pull the other leg back towards you engaging the lower abs.
- Only allow the leg to drop as far as your can keep your lower back in the starting position.
- If you need some assistance, place your arms by your side and push your hands into the ground. This helps create a higher level of stability throughout the body.
- The slower your go, the better!
- Start with 10 reps, rest for 30 seconds and go for round 2.
This is obviously a difficult exercise to do at the golf course, but you could absolutely do it before leaving the house. And many courses have a locker room where you could technically add this one in to your pre golf routine. Even if you don’t use it in your warm up though, this is a phenomenal exercise to add into your regular workout routine.
Let me know how it goes!